Thursday, May 11, 2006

kindness

funny, over a year and a half ago a friend asked me the question "what are you looking for in your next relationship?" though i hadn't thought about it til then, without a moment's hesitation, i replied "kindness - someone who will treat me kindly." kindness implies a good soul, appreciativeness, love, and respect.

another i would add now is 'dependability'. if i am there for you 100% - 24/7, i need and expect the same from you. so i guess the next one would be 'reciprocity'.

"what is the secret to your marriage?" was a question asked to an elderly couple at their 50th anniversary.. the wife replied "we never fell out of love at the same time". sometimes, it's not a matter of love - it's a matter of kindness.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well hello again! It seems we have been living life and not blogging lately)...it is nice to see you here, hopefully I will read more of your thoughts - I enjoy them...they are always well thought out and stated clearly.

Can I be a real pain and say that I think a relationship that works is one where you have no expectations -

I met my husband and I said straight out - NOTHING SERIOUS, NO PROMISES, I had just broken off an engagement - and he exclaimed the very same sentiments. Well we never really left each others side and we sometimes continued to remind each other
that we we didnt need another person in our lives - it just seemed to "happen"...

And then again maybe I should be thanking that lucky star..

D

10:33 PM  
Blogger minako said...

hey D! good to hear from ya.. hmm - very very difficult to not have some expectations. but agree with you that one needs to be independent enough to be happy with their own lives, and then be better people for being together.. workin' on it.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home